Ages 6-8, June 3-7, 2019 - Fun Holiday Menus - 9:30-11:30 am
Fun Holiday Menus
Kids Cooking Camp is a week of fun and learning in the kitchen. Campers will be working and learning about food safety, proper storage and preparation so they can duplicate the recipes at home.
Classes are 2 hours each and run for five consecutive days. Young chefs will enjoy generous samples of each delicious dish and take home all the recipes from the week.
Click the MENU tab above for a detail of what kids will cook each day.
Please note: This session is only available as a five day session. No single-day enrollments.
What to Expect:
- Five days of exciting menus
- Fun, hands on experience
- Eat what they make (or take home in to go containers)
- Active participation - your child will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class.
- Please have students wear comfortable, closed toe shoes and have long hair tied back.
- Recipe booklet and chef's hat to take home
- Aprons provided during class time
Important: Recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats, wheat flours, etc. If your child has a food allergy, please let Laura know at email@example.com before the classes start. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.
Instructor - Laura Hester
Laura Hester is the owner of Red Gingham Gourmet, a local company that produces fresh baked breads and other goodies. Laura has been baking at the Culinary Center since 2005 and has also prepared Wednesday evening meals at her local congregation for several years. Mother of two sons and grandmother (GiGi) to a beautiful granddaughter, Isabel. Laura loves cooking, baking and experimenting with new recipes.
Contact Laura with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shoals Culinary Center
(Burrell Slater School)
610 West College Street
Florence, AL 35630
Cancellation and refunds are allowed up to one week from the first day of class.
1. Model release form will need to be filled out and signed by a parent or guardian on the first day of class. If you do not wish to have your child's photo posted on Red Gingham Gourmet's website or social media accounts, that will be respected. We would love to email or text parents pictures of their children taken during the classes.
2. Student/Parent agreement will need to be signed on first day of class.
NOTE: Forms are available to be emailed to parent or guardian, prior to the first class, to be filled out and signed by parent or guardian and brought with student on the first day.
Kids Cooking Classes recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If your child has a food allergy, please contact Laura Hester (email@example.com 256-810-2655) before attending the class.